In a press release by the British Embassy in Beirut, it said: "The delegation, accompanied by embassy members from the Department for International Trade and the Department For International Development (DFID), held meetings with the minister of Education and Higher Education Marwan Hamadeh, the Chamber of Commerce and the UK-Lebanon Tech Hub team. They also visited the American University of Beirut, SABIS School and Dhour Shweir Public Secondary School."
BESA is the trade association representing the entirety of the UK education suppliers sector from EdTech to school furniture.
Release added: "BESA delegation’s visit aims to explore opportunities for UK education technology industries to make investments in Lebanon in the educational system. The UK has been a key player in providing education to all children of schooling age in Lebanon, including Syrian and Palestinian refugee children."
British Ambassador Designate Chris Rampling said: "I’m thrilled to have the biggest education mission to date in Beirut looking for opportunities and businesses for Lebanon and the UK. I have heard wonderful things about this country and our continued work to support Lebanon’s educational programmes. Education remains one of the UK’s key pillars to ensure that there is access to quality education to all children in Lebanon and that there is no lost generation in the region."
Press release listed the companies as follows: "1. 3P Learning is a global provider of digital learning resources used by 5 million learners worldwide.
2. Cambridge University Press is part of the University of Cambridge. Our mission is to unlock people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
3. CENTURY is an artificially intelligent learning platform for teachers and students. CENTURY uses AI technology to provide a personalised learning journey and offers real-time insights and analytics to educators.
4. Data Harvest is based in Bedfordshire, UK and has been producing high quality STEM products for over 35 years.
5. Thinkplay Ltd (trading as Morphun) is the manufacturer and exporter of British designed, award winning and patented side joining plastic construction bricks.
6. pi-top’s mission isn’t just to change the face of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math (STEAM) in schools, it’s to change the education system itself.
7. SAM Labs is an edtech company that empowers teachers with the most engaging STEAM curriculum solutions of lesson plans, apps, and electronics.
8. In the last 32 years Technology Supplies has grown to be the leading Design, Technology and Engineering specialist for education worldwide.
9. Winners of the BETT Award, 2017 the Tute platform allows pupils to access live teaching from any location and to learn together in small groups.
10. uTalk provides a language learning platform that is used all over the world by learners of all ages and their teachers; we offer course content for English and many other languages, and we particularly focus on helping learners with their communicative skills.
11. WCBS is a leading supplier of information management systems, providing international schools with the first true cloud platform, HUB, and a portfolio of solutions across Admissions, Finance, Academic and Alumni.
12. Whizz Education is a pioneering education technology company that enables communities around the world to reach their full potential through individualised learning."