NNA - Minister of Social Affairs, Richard Kouyoumjian, highlighted Saturday the pressing need to combat corruption, put a limit to waste expenditure and resort to austerity as important measures for Lebanon to overcome the current phase.
He revealed that the Lebanese Forces Party is marching in this direction.
Kouyoumjian's words came during his word at the luncheon banquet held in his honor by MP Ziad Hawat following his tour in the city of Byblos this afternoon.
He expressed his pleasure and pride to visit the city of Byblos "because of its national heritage, tourism and development role," commending the "spirit of coexistence that characterized this city throughout the ages, especially as it maintained its citizens' mutual living despite the dire conditions witnessed in the homeland."
Kouyoumjian pointed to "a complete survey carried out by his Ministry to activate and develop all social affairs centers across Lebanon, in order to be model centers capable of serving citizens effectively in all their needs."
He deemed the progress and improvement witnessed in the city of Byblos as a source of motivation and an incentive for all other Lebanese cities to follow at the development, tourism and social levels.
- Bassil: Our thoughts are with French people
- Foucher thanks Lebanese for their support after cathedral fire
- Jumblatt: Contacts between Clemenceau and Haret Hreik uninterrupted
- Jammali thanks voters after winning Tripoli byelection
- Sayyed rejects tampering with civil servants and servicemen's...
- Hasbani: We relayed to US officials importance of stability in Le...
- Bassil congratulates FPM on winning engineers' elections
- Mrad: Ready to prove Prosecutor Hammoud's interference in jud...
- Geagea: Who obstructed the electricity plan and how?
- Geagea: Time for government's direct intervention in Carlos G...