NNA - In preparation for the fourth round of the Arab Economic and Social Development Summit scheduled to take place in Beirut from 18 to 20 January, a field exercise was carried out this afternoon of the arrangements to welcome the leaders and heads of state as they arrive at Rafic Hariri International Airport and head to Beirut Waterfront's "Sea Side Arena" where the Summit will be held.
The security and logistics teams in charge of the ceremonies participated in the exercise under the supervision of the Summit's Executive Committee Head, Nabil Shedid, the Summit's Security Structure Commander, Brigadier Salim Feghali, and the Summit's Media Committee Head and Spokesperson, Rafic Shlala.
Participants toured the halls of the Summit headquarters and waiting lounges, and the bilateral meeting rooms, as well as the main media center featuring the latest audio-visual equipments that can accommodate more than 700 media representatives. The final touches on the logistical, media and security arrangements were completed during the tour.
Following the field exercise, Shlala said: "The aim of the field exercise is to ensure that all preparations for the arrival of the Arab leaders and accompanying delegations are finalized in accordance with the plan set by the executive committees since last August, in coordination with all concerned ministries, public departments and the Municipality of Beirut."
"During the next two days all the Summit facilities and venues will be ready, including the Phoenicia Hotel (the ministerial meeting venue), Monroe Hotel (media center) and the Summit venue," Shalala added.
It is to note that on Monday, January 14, a press conference will be held at the Summit headquarters to explain all the related operational, media and security measures to be adopted.
- Arslan says no meeting with Jumblatt unless sponsored by Aoun
- Mahfoud: Lifting banking secrecy serves those who seek illegal en...
- Qatisha: Combating corruption starts with accountability
- Abi Lamaa calls for lifting banking secrecy off Customs officials...
- Frangieh says entire humanity enduring terrorism
- Hassan via twitter: Terrorism is a dangerous calamity
- Makhzoumi: What we used to warn against has happened at Brussels ...
- Choucair condemns terrorist attack in Christchurch New Zealand
- Geagea: For us every day of the year is March 14
- Hariri: March 14 historic day, long struggle