NNA - Caretaker Foreign Minister, Gebran Bassil, currently in Baghdad, held lengthy discussions with his Iraqi counterpart Mohammed Ali Al-Hakim, on means of joint cooperation in dossiers related to the Syrian refugees, sanctions and Syria's restitution to the Arab League.
On emerging, Minister Al-Hakim expressed Iraq's desire to strengthen trade exchange between Lebanon and Iraq via Syria and the import of agricultural products.
Minister Bassil, for his part, said discussions also focused on issues related to the re-export of Iraqi oil via Lebanon, the exchange of gas transport, and the construction of a railway and a special basin for transit trade.
Bassil underlined that economic advancement can only be realized through resolving the displaced Syrians' crisis.
- Mahfoud: Lifting banking secrecy serves those who seek illegal en...
- Qatisha: Combating corruption starts with accountability
- Abi Lamaa calls for lifting banking secrecy off Customs officials...
- Frangieh says entire humanity enduring terrorism
- Hassan via twitter: Terrorism is a dangerous calamity
- Makhzoumi: What we used to warn against has happened at Brussels ...
- Choucair condemns terrorist attack in Christchurch New Zealand
- Geagea: For us every day of the year is March 14
- Hariri: March 14 historic day, long struggle
- Kouyoumjian: Syrian refugees' repatriation our priority