NNA - Former MP Amal Abu Zeid said Wednesday that Lebanon has reached the executive stage of the return of Syrian refugees to their country, a demand proclaimed by the Free Patriotic Movement for several years.
Abou Zeid was speaking to the National News Agency (NNA) in his first press statement in the wake of his appointment as member of the Lebanese-Russian Committee to oversee Syrian refugees' return.
"It is due time to ensure a safe and dignified return of Syrian refugees through the Lebanese-Russian committee," he said, wishing success in carrying out such an important initiative.
================= Lina Younis
- Afiouni: Financial reform substantial
- Jumblatt: Who is behind Sri Lanka's bombings?
- Hariri: All solidarity with Sri Lanka
- Jarrah expresses his well-wishes for a blessed Easter
- Jumblatt denounces attempts to stall political action, disrupt an...
- Bou Saab says Army not involved in any budget that is not discuss...
- Bassil: Our thoughts are with French people
- Foucher thanks Lebanese for their support after cathedral fire
- Jumblatt: Contacts between Clemenceau and Haret Hreik uninterrupted
- Jammali thanks voters after winning Tripoli byelection