NNA - Former MP Amal Abu Zeid said Wednesday that Lebanon has reached the executive stage of the return of Syrian refugees to their country, a demand proclaimed by the Free Patriotic Movement for several years.
Abou Zeid was speaking to the National News Agency (NNA) in his first press statement in the wake of his appointment as member of the Lebanese-Russian Committee to oversee Syrian refugees' return.
"It is due time to ensure a safe and dignified return of Syrian refugees through the Lebanese-Russian committee," he said, wishing success in carrying out such an important initiative.
================= Lina Younis
- Choukair: It is necessary to adopt reforms, first of all in elect...
- Finance Minister: No new taxes on citizens
- Arslan says no meeting with Jumblatt unless sponsored by Aoun
- Mahfoud: Lifting banking secrecy serves those who seek illegal en...
- Qatisha: Combating corruption starts with accountability
- Abi Lamaa calls for lifting banking secrecy off Customs officials...
- Frangieh says entire humanity enduring terrorism
- Hassan via twitter: Terrorism is a dangerous calamity
- Makhzoumi: What we used to warn against has happened at Brussels ...
- Choucair condemns terrorist attack in Christchurch New Zealand