NNA - House Speaker, Nabih Berri, categorically deplored on Wednesday the delay in government formation, stressing: "there is no excuse at all for such a delay."
Speaker Berri's visiting deputies within the framework of "Wednesday Gathering" quoted the Speaker as saying there is no breakthrough on the issue of government formation yet.
Berri stressed the need for the formation of the new government in light of the pressing economic situation.
The Speaker reiterated his readiness to exert further efforts to facilitate and push forward the birth of the new Cabinet.
On the recent incident at Beirut's Rafic Hariri International airport, Berri's visitors said he was not surprised if part of what has happened could be deliberately fabricated.
Berri underlined that the real solution to this predicament lies in the appointment of a regulatory body and law enforcement.
On the issue of the establishment of a Planning Ministry, Berri emphasized that the sole sovereign Ministry in the world countries is the Planning Ministry in its capacity as a "pivotal Ministry."
================= Lina Younis
- Safadi vows to followup on Abu Ali Bridge fire, repair damages
- Arslan warns of attempts to undermine Mount Lebanon crime
- Afiouni urges officials to end all tension, return to consensus a...
- Gemayel: Authority members and their interests are on one planet,...
- Arslan: Beware of handing over innocent people to cover up for th...
- Sami Gemayel: War page turned forever
- Jumblat: I will not engage in any media debate
- AlKhazen: Bassil's actions do not represent the Christians
- Btaich says bet is on Mountain's wise people to protect the h...
- Sarraf: Identity of Gebran Bassil authorizes him to move across a...