NNA - House Speaker, Nabih Berri, categorically deplored on Wednesday the delay in government formation, stressing: "there is no excuse at all for such a delay."
Speaker Berri's visiting deputies within the framework of "Wednesday Gathering" quoted the Speaker as saying there is no breakthrough on the issue of government formation yet.
Berri stressed the need for the formation of the new government in light of the pressing economic situation.
The Speaker reiterated his readiness to exert further efforts to facilitate and push forward the birth of the new Cabinet.
On the recent incident at Beirut's Rafic Hariri International airport, Berri's visitors said he was not surprised if part of what has happened could be deliberately fabricated.
Berri underlined that the real solution to this predicament lies in the appointment of a regulatory body and law enforcement.
On the issue of the establishment of a Planning Ministry, Berri emphasized that the sole sovereign Ministry in the world countries is the Planning Ministry in its capacity as a "pivotal Ministry."
================= Lina Younis
- Geagea pushes ministries of defense, finance to follow interior m...
- Btaich: Lebanon is on the right track
- Jumblatt says budget of 2019 is over, 2020 most important!
- Bteich: Consumer Protection teams will be on the lookout for viol...
- Hawat says rejection of state budget sounds the alarm bell for th...
- Afiouni says budget is a necessary prelude to regaining Lebanese ...
- Karami says normal to skip 'unconstitutional' budget session
- Safadi vows to followup on Abu Ali Bridge fire, repair damages
- Arslan warns of attempts to undermine Mount Lebanon crime
- Afiouni urges officials to end all tension, return to consensus a...