NNA - President Michel Aoun welcomed at Baabda palace on Monday, UNIFIL Commander, Major General Michael Beary, who came on a farewell visit upon the end of his two-year mission in Lebanon.
In appreciation for the efforts exerted by the General, Aoun decorated him with the Medal of the National Order of the Cedar.
During the meeting, the President heaped praise on the role assumed by the UNIFIL in preserving peace in south Lebanon and implementing UN Security Council's resolution 1701.
He also called to renew the peacekeepers' mandate for one year without any amendment to their mission, budget and size.
- Camille Chamoun: People's Money - International Monetary Fund
- Sami Gemayel on Ghanem's martyrdom commemoration: We struggle...
- Jumblatt: We may become an oil-exporting country
- Frangieh via Twitter: We confirm our support for Fenianos
- Geagea: We want a captain whose compass leads to Bashir’s Republic