NNA - President Michel Aoun welcomed at Baabda palace on Monday, UNIFIL Commander, Major General Michael Beary, who came on a farewell visit upon the end of his two-year mission in Lebanon.
In appreciation for the efforts exerted by the General, Aoun decorated him with the Medal of the National Order of the Cedar.
During the meeting, the President heaped praise on the role assumed by the UNIFIL in preserving peace in south Lebanon and implementing UN Security Council's resolution 1701.
He also called to renew the peacekeepers' mandate for one year without any amendment to their mission, budget and size.
- Choukair: It is necessary to adopt reforms, first of all in elect...
- Finance Minister: No new taxes on citizens
- Arslan says no meeting with Jumblatt unless sponsored by Aoun
- Mahfoud: Lifting banking secrecy serves those who seek illegal en...
- Qatisha: Combating corruption starts with accountability
- Abi Lamaa calls for lifting banking secrecy off Customs officials...
- Frangieh says entire humanity enduring terrorism
- Hassan via twitter: Terrorism is a dangerous calamity
- Makhzoumi: What we used to warn against has happened at Brussels ...
- Choucair condemns terrorist attack in Christchurch New Zealand