NNA - President Michel Aoun welcomed at Baabda palace on Monday, UNIFIL Commander, Major General Michael Beary, who came on a farewell visit upon the end of his two-year mission in Lebanon.
In appreciation for the efforts exerted by the General, Aoun decorated him with the Medal of the National Order of the Cedar.
During the meeting, the President heaped praise on the role assumed by the UNIFIL in preserving peace in south Lebanon and implementing UN Security Council's resolution 1701.
He also called to renew the peacekeepers' mandate for one year without any amendment to their mission, budget and size.
- Jumblatt says states should recognize the Armenian massacre
- Abdallah: We will not agree as a Progressive Socialist Party to a...
- Afiouni: Financial reform substantial
- Jumblatt: Who is behind Sri Lanka's bombings?
- Hariri: All solidarity with Sri Lanka
- Jarrah expresses his well-wishes for a blessed Easter
- Jumblatt denounces attempts to stall political action, disrupt an...
- Bou Saab says Army not involved in any budget that is not discuss...
- Bassil: Our thoughts are with French people
- Foucher thanks Lebanese for their support after cathedral fire