NNA - At the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow, the 2018 FIFA World Cup finals between France and Croatia have begun, followed by tens of thousands on the field and hundreds of millions around the world across the screens.
After more than four weeks, the 2018 World Cup in Russia reached the finals, the awaited date every four years. One match of 90 minutes or 120 max in case of extension, summarizes years of effort and fatigue.
The players entered the field and walked on a blue rug that read "Final 2018", amidst of which stood the original version of the World Cup.
Hours before the match, the Kremlin Palace witnessed a "hand-over ceremony" between Russia, represented by Putin, and Qatar, host of the 2022 World Cup, represented by its Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, in presence of FIFA President Gianni Infantino.
- Hariri: All solidarity with Sri Lanka
- Jarrah expresses his well-wishes for a blessed Easter
- Jumblatt denounces attempts to stall political action, disrupt an...
- Bou Saab says Army not involved in any budget that is not discuss...
- Bassil: Our thoughts are with French people
- Foucher thanks Lebanese for their support after cathedral fire
- Jumblatt: Contacts between Clemenceau and Haret Hreik uninterrupted
- Jammali thanks voters after winning Tripoli byelection
- Sayyed rejects tampering with civil servants and servicemen's...
- Hasbani: We relayed to US officials importance of stability in Le...