NNA - At the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow, the 2018 FIFA World Cup finals between France and Croatia have begun, followed by tens of thousands on the field and hundreds of millions around the world across the screens.
After more than four weeks, the 2018 World Cup in Russia reached the finals, the awaited date every four years. One match of 90 minutes or 120 max in case of extension, summarizes years of effort and fatigue.
The players entered the field and walked on a blue rug that read "Final 2018", amidst of which stood the original version of the World Cup.
Hours before the match, the Kremlin Palace witnessed a "hand-over ceremony" between Russia, represented by Putin, and Qatar, host of the 2022 World Cup, represented by its Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, in presence of FIFA President Gianni Infantino.
- Arslan says no meeting with Jumblatt unless sponsored by Aoun
- Mahfoud: Lifting banking secrecy serves those who seek illegal en...
- Qatisha: Combating corruption starts with accountability
- Abi Lamaa calls for lifting banking secrecy off Customs officials...
- Frangieh says entire humanity enduring terrorism
- Hassan via twitter: Terrorism is a dangerous calamity
- Makhzoumi: What we used to warn against has happened at Brussels ...
- Choucair condemns terrorist attack in Christchurch New Zealand
- Geagea: For us every day of the year is March 14
- Hariri: March 14 historic day, long struggle