NNA - Baabda presidential palace on Wednesday witnessed a series of meetings touching on diplomatic and political issues, including the ongoing efforts for the new Cabinet formation and the current regional situation, especially Lebanon's position on the issue of the return of Syrian refugees to safe areas in Syria.
In this framework, President of the Republic, Michel Aoun, held a tour d'horizon with French Ambassador to Lebanon, Bruno Faucher, bearing on the current local and regional situation and the progress of the Lebanese-French ties in the various spheres.
Talks also reportedly touched on the issue of the displaced Syrians' return to their homeland and Lebanon's stance in this regard.
Ambassador Faucher underlined France's continual support to Lebanon, especially in terms of putting the resolutions and recommendations of the Rome 2 and Cedar Conferences into practice.
Later, Aoun met with MP Adnan Trabolsi, who said on emerging that he discussed with the President the issue of the formation of the new Cabinet.
Stringent developmental demands pertaining to the district of Akkar also topped discussions between President Aoun and "Strong Lebanon" bloc MP Asaad Dergham, who visited him at the Baabda palace today.
"Strong Lebanon" bloc MP Nicholas Sehnaoui also paid a vieit to President Aoun, with talks reportedly dwelling on the ongoing efforts for the new Cabinet formation, as well as an array of hour issues.
Discussions also covered a range of developmental dossiers and needs of Beirut 1 District, including the issue of partnership with Beirut Municipality.
================= Lina Younis
- Interior Minister launches hotline" 1735" for tourists
- Choucair: Cabinet determination has produced reformist austerity ...
- Khalil: rumors aimed to disrupt valuable reform project
- Finance Minister: To me, budget is done
- Minister of Culture: Budget just around the corner
- Justice Minister: GLC head remanded in custody
- Bukhari tweets: I had the honor to represent King Salman at Sfeir...
- Ruler of Dubai: Sfeir was a true example of a humble religious fi...
- President Aoun on Nurses Day: A word of tribute to the 'Apost...
- Sami Gemayel refuses tampering with Al-Akhbar newspaper’s freedom...