NNA - Maronite Patriarch Cardinal Mar Beshara Boutros Rahi on Friday welcomed newly-elected MPs Farid Haykal Khazen and Mustafa Husseini, who announced the birth of their parliamentary bloc ("Qalb-al-Qarar") following the meeting.
"We are not part of March 8 camp," Khazen said in response to reporters' questions.
"We have an unswerving and conclusive alliance with Sleiman Frangieh, with whom we will cooperation to form a political nonsectarian parliamentary gathering to be represented at the Parliament and in the government," he stressed.
Separately, Rahi held talks with Presidential Commissioner for Humanitarian Affairs and Overseas Cypriots, Photis Photiou, accompanied by Cypriot Ambassador to Lebanon, Christina Rafti.
The Patriarch also met with French Ambassador to Lebanon, Bruno Foucher, over the general local and regional situation.
The pair also dwelt on the prelate's looming visit to France end of May.
- Choukair: It is necessary to adopt reforms, first of all in elect...
- Finance Minister: No new taxes on citizens
- Arslan says no meeting with Jumblatt unless sponsored by Aoun
- Mahfoud: Lifting banking secrecy serves those who seek illegal en...
- Qatisha: Combating corruption starts with accountability
- Abi Lamaa calls for lifting banking secrecy off Customs officials...
- Frangieh says entire humanity enduring terrorism
- Hassan via twitter: Terrorism is a dangerous calamity
- Makhzoumi: What we used to warn against has happened at Brussels ...
- Choucair condemns terrorist attack in Christchurch New Zealand