NNA - Maronite Patriarch Cardinal Mar Beshara Boutros Rahi on Friday welcomed newly-elected MPs Farid Haykal Khazen and Mustafa Husseini, who announced the birth of their parliamentary bloc ("Qalb-al-Qarar") following the meeting.
"We are not part of March 8 camp," Khazen said in response to reporters' questions.
"We have an unswerving and conclusive alliance with Sleiman Frangieh, with whom we will cooperation to form a political nonsectarian parliamentary gathering to be represented at the Parliament and in the government," he stressed.
Separately, Rahi held talks with Presidential Commissioner for Humanitarian Affairs and Overseas Cypriots, Photis Photiou, accompanied by Cypriot Ambassador to Lebanon, Christina Rafti.
The Patriarch also met with French Ambassador to Lebanon, Bruno Foucher, over the general local and regional situation.
The pair also dwelt on the prelate's looming visit to France end of May.
- Jumblatt: Who is behind Sri Lanka's bombings?
- Hariri: All solidarity with Sri Lanka
- Jarrah expresses his well-wishes for a blessed Easter
- Jumblatt denounces attempts to stall political action, disrupt an...
- Bou Saab says Army not involved in any budget that is not discuss...
- Bassil: Our thoughts are with French people
- Foucher thanks Lebanese for their support after cathedral fire
- Jumblatt: Contacts between Clemenceau and Haret Hreik uninterrupted
- Jammali thanks voters after winning Tripoli byelection
- Sayyed rejects tampering with civil servants and servicemen's...