NNA - Justice Minister Salim on Monday maintained that Speaker of the House Nabih Berri was a key guarantor of the country's stability.
Jreissati visited Berri at his Msayleh residence today and broached with him an array of public affairs and the general situation on the local scene.
"We discussed a bundle of laws the government wishes the Parliament to endorse before the state's caretaker role begins," Jreissati told reporters following the meeting.
"The Speaker was fully responsive," he said.
"As usual, I found in Berri a key guarantor of the major settlement that is based on the security and political stability in the country," he added.
- Arslan says no meeting with Jumblatt unless sponsored by Aoun
- Mahfoud: Lifting banking secrecy serves those who seek illegal en...
- Qatisha: Combating corruption starts with accountability
- Abi Lamaa calls for lifting banking secrecy off Customs officials...
- Frangieh says entire humanity enduring terrorism
- Hassan via twitter: Terrorism is a dangerous calamity
- Makhzoumi: What we used to warn against has happened at Brussels ...
- Choucair condemns terrorist attack in Christchurch New Zealand
- Geagea: For us every day of the year is March 14
- Hariri: March 14 historic day, long struggle