NNA - Environment Minister, Tarek Khatib, received on Friday at his office a delegation from the World Bank, chaired by Maria Sarraf, with talks featuring high on the plan adopted by the authority to combat pollution in Qaraoun Lake.
The Lebanese government started to tackle this issue thanks to the World Bank that granted in this regard USD 55 million amount.
Minister Khatib highlighted the importance of cooperation with the World Bank and the implementation of the plan in coordination with municipalities and concerned associations.
Separately, the Environment Minister met with a delegation from Jezzine, chaired by MP Amal Abou Zeid, over the protection of environment in Jezzine.
- Mashnouq participates in Al Azhar peace conference in Cairo
- Jumblatt, Bassil tackle current developments
- Hariri receives Khalil, Zasypkin and "football legends"
- Army Chief tackles military affairs with British, Tunisian and Cypriot amba...
- Army: Enemy gunboat breaches territorial waters off Ras Naqoura