NNA - Kataeb Party heaped praise Monday on the popular demonstrations that took place yesterday in protest at the new tax hike.
The party considered in a statement that the protests constituted "new evidence that this people is capable of change."
"Kataeb calls the political authority to seize this historic moment and realize people's dream of living in a civilized, free, independent, and sovereign state," the party's politburo said following its weekly meeting, chaired by MP Sami Gemayel.
Conferees also urged the state to espouse a comprehensive reformist plan, starting with the endorsement of a new election law.
"Kataeb warns the political authority of the risks of procrastination (...) and calls for endorsing an election law that guarantees correct representation and pluralism inside communities," the statement concluded.
- Berri meets Economy Minister, Central Bank Governor
- Hashem pushes for agreement on election law before May 15
- Kaag pays tribute to Williams: His commitment to peace in Lebanon will neve...
- Riachy in wake of Information Committee's meeting
- Moussa: Berri will propose proportionality law based on constitution