NNA - Agriculture Minister, Ghazi Zoayter, visited Egypt on top of a delegation of representatives of the agricultural sector and specialists from the ministry for talks over Lebanese agriculture affairs and agricultural cooperation prospects between Lebanon and Egypt.
In this framework, Minister Zoayter met with his Egyptian counterpart Issam Fayed, whereby the two sides discussed the operational plans for achieving economic complementarity and exchange of expertise between the two countries in a bid to develop the agricultural sector.
Zoayter stressed the dire need for "achieving economic complementarity among Arab countries to achieve self-sufficiency in the Arab world," underlining "the need for a unified political vision of the Arab nation."
Minister Fayed, for his part, deemed economy the gateway to remove political obstacles among the Arab countries, saying his Country looks forward to further cooperation with Lebanon.
- Nasrallah says time is narrowing but hope remains to reach new vote law, re...
- Shorter on the Queen's Birthday: We are not afraid of terrorism, we are...
- Police say shopping centre arrest not connected to Manchester attack
- Kanaan reveals looming initiative over retired servicemen pensions
- One Lebanese, five Syrians indicted over terrorism