NNA - Environment Minister Mohammad Mashnouk left Beirut on Tuesday heading to New York to take part in the UNDP Conference on Environment.
"The UNDP sent the world environment ministers to gather and discuss educational and environmental issues," Mashnouk said at the airport.
The minister, asked about Naameh landfill's capacity to receive waste, affirmed that the said landfill was capable of receiving more waste to solve the current crisis.
However, on the long-term, Mashnouk said "we need more landfills... but now we are facing a crisis that has heavily accumulated..."
- Fneish: Proportionality law is pathway to reform, stability
- 680 young graduates in project to support Lebanese host societies
- Bassil from Sidon: We should stop polemics, work for election law that ensu...
- Moussawi: To impose taxes on owners of capital, profits of banks
- Rahi urges officials to put their interests away to undertake any initiative