NNA - Minister of Higher Education, Tarek al-Majzoub, tweeted Saturday, saying: "On July 1, 2020, the Higher Education Council in Lebanon recommended that private universities approve the official exchange rate for the US dollar (1515 LBP) in tuition fees payments...Be a haven for students and a site reflecting the glory of Lebanon."
He added in a second tweet: "On the same date, a circular was issued prohibiting private schools from specifying school tuition fees in any currency other than the Lebanese pound. The circular also forbids schools from forcing students to purchase books and stationery from the school, a matter that will be followed-up by the Council...Let the schools be a haven for students and an edifice for the resurrection of Lebanon!"
- Abdel Samad: We will not allow Beirut Port crime go unnoticed
- Abdallah: For an effective, coherent government of reforms
- Hashem: If the Corona outbreak continues, a two-week general clos...
- Jumblatt: What will the shipmaster say amidst the storms?
- Abdallah: I hope France can help us in facing Corona