NNA - Caretaker Industry Minister Wael Abu Faour tweeted Sunday on the inavailability of the dollar currency at Lebanese banks, considering that "either banks are refraining from giving citizens their money, intending to humiliate and impoverish them, and therefore should be prosecuted...or money exchangers are conducting illegal money laundry operations, making huge profits from the Lebanese...Hence, they ought to be held accountable by the banking supervisory authorities and by the judiciary."
In all cases, Abu Faour regretfully deemed that the Lebanese citizen is the actual victim, since the new government is not likely to see the light anytime soon, while the citizen remains without any reference of protection.
- Ministry of Social Affairs launches ‘social solidarity program’
- Kubis salutes Lebanese, international health workers
- Aoun hopes World Sports Day for Peace be an opportunity to promot...
- No coronavirus cases among Lebanese coming from Abu Dhabi: Hassan
- Fahmy: If violations continue, we will escalate measures