NNA - National Defense Minister Elias Bou Saab, on Wednesday received UN Special Coordinator for Lebanon Jan Kubis, along with an accompanying delegation.
As per a statement by Minister Bou Saab's Media Bureau, discussions reportedly touched on "the blatant Israeli attack on Beirut's southern suburbs by two reconnaissance drones, considering it as the most serious breach of UN Security Council Resolution 1701 since 2006, because it has violated the security of civilians and posed a threat to air navigation."
Discussions also dwelt on the assistance needed by Lebanon to control illegal crossings in order to prevent smuggling on the Lebanese border.
In this framework, Minister Bou Saab told his visitor that the Cabinet will discuss tomorrow the strategy of integrated border management, which was greatly welcomed by Kubis.
Talks also touched on the issue of the Naqoura railway tunnel, whereby Bou Saab informed Kubis that Lebanon would submit an official letter to the United Nations requesting a detailed report on what the tunnel includes, given that the Israeli enemy has built a wall at the tunnel's entrance from the Lebanese side.
- Afiouni: Heart-breaking, offensive, suspicious and rejected scene...
- Al-Sayyid: The government still faces obstacles
- Jumblatt: Beirut deserves not this treatment!
- Hariri says persistence of confrontations between the army, secur...
- Al-Hassan: Army Chief praised the work of the security services, ...