NNA - Social Affairs Minister, Richard Kouyoumjian, Saturday, urged the government to pay the state's dues to social welfare associations for fear of a worsening situation.
He said via his Twitter account: "To those who doubt our pressing demands to pay the accumulating dues to welfare associations and institutions that form a social safety net for our community, we say that Sesobel's decision cuts all uncertainty. I refuse to turn the Ministry of Social Affairs into a mere witness to the collapse of welfare institutions. Hence, I call for the release of state dues; otherwise the worst is yet to come!"
- Jumblatt: Is it possible to end monopoly of electricity sector?
- Abdel Samad says a 'free and responsible' word is required
- El-Sayed: Most political forces have absolved themselves of their...
- Jumblatt: No to the assassination of Taif, Arabism and Palestine,...
- Makhzoumi pays tribute to the soul of Martyr Hariri