NNA - Under the patronage of Interior Minister Raya Al-Hassan, the Internal Security Forces' General Directorate organized this morning ISF's 12th international half marathon race (21.1 Km) under the theme, "Together for a Safer Society", in the city of Beirut.
In the presence of ISF Director General Imad Othman, and under the supervision of the Lebanese Athletics Association, 2,000 athletes of different nationalities from various federations and sports associations participated in today's marathon, in addition to teams from the Lebanese Army and the UNIFIL peacekeeping forces operating in South Lebanon and ISF officers and staff members.
Al-Hassan gave the signal at 7:45 a.m. to start the strong-willed athletes' race, followed by launching the half marathon at 8:00 a.m. facing the National Museum in Beirut.
At the end of the race, cups and medals were distributed to the winners by Minister Al-Hassan and Major General Othman, in the presence of representatives from the Youth and Sports Ministry, Arab Sports Federation, Lebanese Olympic Committee, Beirut Police, Lebanese Army command, security institutions, Beirut Municipality, Lebanese Red Cross, Beirut Fire Brigade, marathon sponsors and a number of NGOs.
- Jumblatt: Is it possible to end monopoly of electricity sector?
- Abdel Samad says a 'free and responsible' word is required
- El-Sayed: Most political forces have absolved themselves of their...
- Jumblatt: No to the assassination of Taif, Arabism and Palestine,...
- Makhzoumi pays tribute to the soul of Martyr Hariri