NNA - President Michel Aoun on Thursday followed up on the ongoing contacts with Iraq, pertaining to the activation of the bilateral economic cooperation and the affairs Aoun had broached during his state visit to Baghdad.
Within this frame, the President met at Baabda palace with former minister,Nicolas Tueni.
During the meeting, the pair also discussed an array of local and regional developments.
Aoun had received a delegation of the Consultative Gathering for the Independent Sunni MPs, with whom he discussed the current political situation and developments.
The delegation comprised State Minister for Foreign Trade Affairs, Hassan Mrad, and lawmakers Abdel Rahim Mrad, Jihad Samad, Faisal Karami, Qassem Hashem, Alwalid Succarieh and Adnan Trabolsi.
Speaking to reporters following the meeting, MP Succarieh indicated that talks also touched on the repatriation of the displaced Syrians, in addition to the state hiring and appointment dossiers, and the fight against corruption.
Afterwards, Aoun met with MP Cezar Abi Khalil over the current situation.
The President also received MP Mustafa Hussein, with whom he discussed the latest political developments and affairs relevant to the Alawite community.
- Jumblatt denounces attempts to stall political action, disrupt an...
- Bou Saab says Army not involved in any budget that is not discuss...
- Bassil: Our thoughts are with French people
- Foucher thanks Lebanese for their support after cathedral fire
- Jumblatt: Contacts between Clemenceau and Haret Hreik uninterrupted
- Jammali thanks voters after winning Tripoli byelection
- Sayyed rejects tampering with civil servants and servicemen's...
- Hasbani: We relayed to US officials importance of stability in Le...
- Bassil congratulates FPM on winning engineers' elections
- Mrad: Ready to prove Prosecutor Hammoud's interference in jud...