NNA - President Michel Aoun on Thursday followed up on the ongoing contacts with Iraq, pertaining to the activation of the bilateral economic cooperation and the affairs Aoun had broached during his state visit to Baghdad.
Within this frame, the President met at Baabda palace with former minister,Nicolas Tueni.
During the meeting, the pair also discussed an array of local and regional developments.
Aoun had received a delegation of the Consultative Gathering for the Independent Sunni MPs, with whom he discussed the current political situation and developments.
The delegation comprised State Minister for Foreign Trade Affairs, Hassan Mrad, and lawmakers Abdel Rahim Mrad, Jihad Samad, Faisal Karami, Qassem Hashem, Alwalid Succarieh and Adnan Trabolsi.
Speaking to reporters following the meeting, MP Succarieh indicated that talks also touched on the repatriation of the displaced Syrians, in addition to the state hiring and appointment dossiers, and the fight against corruption.
Afterwards, Aoun met with MP Cezar Abi Khalil over the current situation.
The President also received MP Mustafa Hussein, with whom he discussed the latest political developments and affairs relevant to the Alawite community.
- Khalil says all dues of associations, institutions for handicappe...
- Jumblatt: Is it a municipalities or racism conference?!
- Shehayeb: What has been achieved for LU professors positive first...
- Geagea: Honored that Syrian delegation boycotted Minister of Labo...
- Education Minister tells Brevet students “exams not difficult”
- Hariri commemorating ISF: Offers sacrifices and martyrs for the s...
- Jumblatt: Why were mobile phones down in Aley and Shouf areas?
- Hariri: We bow before the Judiciary's higher cause
- Kouyoumjian calls for immediate release of state dues to social w...
- Mikati deems Tripoli's incidents painful, offensive