NNA - Marada Movement's leader, Sleiman Frangieh, on Thursday maintained that he is always under the wing of Maronite Patriarch Beshara Rahi and that he is at the disposal of the President of the republic.
"We consider that there is zero dispute among the Maronites, and we are always at the disposal of the President of the republic who can summon us whenever he wishes," Frangieh said in a statement following his visit to the Maronite Order in Ghazir.
"There are no personal issues with anybody, only political divergences," he added.
Moreover, Frangieh stressed that his alliance with House Speaker, Nabih Berri, was neither aimed against President Michel Aoun nor against anyone else.
"I consider that we are within the same political project with Aoun belongs to, but the issue is that the Free Patriotic Movement wants to monopolize this project," he said.
On the displaced Syrians' issue, Frangieh highlighted the necessity to work for the sake of Lebanon's best interest.
"The Americans must understand that we are going to do anything to repatriate the displaced," he underlined.
- Jumblatt denounces attempts to stall political action, disrupt an...
- Bou Saab says Army not involved in any budget that is not discuss...
- Bassil: Our thoughts are with French people
- Foucher thanks Lebanese for their support after cathedral fire
- Jumblatt: Contacts between Clemenceau and Haret Hreik uninterrupted
- Jammali thanks voters after winning Tripoli byelection
- Sayyed rejects tampering with civil servants and servicemen's...
- Hasbani: We relayed to US officials importance of stability in Le...
- Bassil congratulates FPM on winning engineers' elections
- Mrad: Ready to prove Prosecutor Hammoud's interference in jud...