NNA - National Defense Minister Elias Bou Saab received on Friday the British Ambassador to Lebanon, Chris Rampling, who congratulated him on his new post.
Ambassador Rampling handed Bou Saab a letter of congratulations from UK's Defense Secretary, Gavin Williamson, who expressed his desire to visit Lebanon and his intention to invite Bou Saab to visit Britain.
The visit was also an occasion to dwell on the general situation in Lebanon and the broad region.
Bou Saab thanked Rampling for the ongoing British army's support to the military institution, expressing his interest in expanding cooperation between both countries' armies.
For his part, Rampling stressed Britain's continual support for the army by providing it with the necessary equipment and training courses in several areas.
On the other hand, the Defense Minister met with Spanish Ambassador to Lebanon, Spanish Ambassador to Lebanon, Jose Maria Ferry, who congratulated him on his new ministerial portfolio.
Talks also touched on focused on the significant role of the Spanish contingent operating within UNIFIL in south Lebanon.
================ Lina Younis
- Arslan says no meeting with Jumblatt unless sponsored by Aoun
- Mahfoud: Lifting banking secrecy serves those who seek illegal en...
- Qatisha: Combating corruption starts with accountability
- Abi Lamaa calls for lifting banking secrecy off Customs officials...
- Frangieh says entire humanity enduring terrorism
- Hassan via twitter: Terrorism is a dangerous calamity
- Makhzoumi: What we used to warn against has happened at Brussels ...
- Choucair condemns terrorist attack in Christchurch New Zealand
- Geagea: For us every day of the year is March 14
- Hariri: March 14 historic day, long struggle