NNA - National Defense Minister Elias Bou Saab received on Friday the British Ambassador to Lebanon, Chris Rampling, who congratulated him on his new post.
Ambassador Rampling handed Bou Saab a letter of congratulations from UK's Defense Secretary, Gavin Williamson, who expressed his desire to visit Lebanon and his intention to invite Bou Saab to visit Britain.
The visit was also an occasion to dwell on the general situation in Lebanon and the broad region.
Bou Saab thanked Rampling for the ongoing British army's support to the military institution, expressing his interest in expanding cooperation between both countries' armies.
For his part, Rampling stressed Britain's continual support for the army by providing it with the necessary equipment and training courses in several areas.
On the other hand, the Defense Minister met with Spanish Ambassador to Lebanon, Spanish Ambassador to Lebanon, Jose Maria Ferry, who congratulated him on his new ministerial portfolio.
Talks also touched on focused on the significant role of the Spanish contingent operating within UNIFIL in south Lebanon.
================ Lina Younis
- Minister of Culture: Budget just around the corner
- Justice Minister: GLC head remanded in custody
- Bukhari tweets: I had the honor to represent King Salman at Sfeir...
- Ruler of Dubai: Sfeir was a true example of a humble religious fi...
- President Aoun on Nurses Day: A word of tribute to the 'Apost...
- Sami Gemayel refuses tampering with Al-Akhbar newspaper’s freedom...
- Gemayel: We will challenge Electricity Law
- Jarrah to Yaacoubian: Submit evidence to support your claims
- Adel Afiouni: Banking stability pillar to rescue economy
- Choucair: Reform of public sector, restructuring expenses saves c...