NNA - MP Ali Bazzi announced Wednesday that House Speaker Nabih Berri has requested the opening of an extraordinary parliamentary session to hold meetings to question the work of the government.
According to MP Bazzi, the ministerial statement discussion sessions imposed a reality that Parliament and ministers can no longer ignore, as 54 deputies spoke about corruption.
The MP quoted the Speaker as saying that the fight against corruption lies in law enforcement, underlining that "difficult" decisions to be adopted by the government must not affect the poor segment of society.
- Arslan says no meeting with Jumblatt unless sponsored by Aoun
- Mahfoud: Lifting banking secrecy serves those who seek illegal en...
- Qatisha: Combating corruption starts with accountability
- Abi Lamaa calls for lifting banking secrecy off Customs officials...
- Frangieh says entire humanity enduring terrorism
- Hassan via twitter: Terrorism is a dangerous calamity
- Makhzoumi: What we used to warn against has happened at Brussels ...
- Choucair condemns terrorist attack in Christchurch New Zealand
- Geagea: For us every day of the year is March 14
- Hariri: March 14 historic day, long struggle