NNA - MP Ali Bazzi announced Wednesday that House Speaker Nabih Berri has requested the opening of an extraordinary parliamentary session to hold meetings to question the work of the government.
According to MP Bazzi, the ministerial statement discussion sessions imposed a reality that Parliament and ministers can no longer ignore, as 54 deputies spoke about corruption.
The MP quoted the Speaker as saying that the fight against corruption lies in law enforcement, underlining that "difficult" decisions to be adopted by the government must not affect the poor segment of society.
- Bassil: Our thoughts are with French people
- Foucher thanks Lebanese for their support after cathedral fire
- Jumblatt: Contacts between Clemenceau and Haret Hreik uninterrupted
- Jammali thanks voters after winning Tripoli byelection
- Sayyed rejects tampering with civil servants and servicemen's...
- Hasbani: We relayed to US officials importance of stability in Le...
- Bassil congratulates FPM on winning engineers' elections
- Mrad: Ready to prove Prosecutor Hammoud's interference in jud...
- Geagea: Who obstructed the electricity plan and how?
- Geagea: Time for government's direct intervention in Carlos G...